After great reviews for their album “Våken”, Hvitmalt Gjerde recently received a well-deserved Spellemanns-nomination in the category indie. In the recent years, the rock band from Bergen has played all over Norway and is now out to play a bunch of selected places around the country
In January this year, the band revealed that they are splitting up and the concert at UKA in Ås becomes one of the last opportunities to see one of Norway's best live bands!
THE MODERN TIMES
The Modern Times from Tromsø released the critically acclaimed album "This Is the Modern Times" in 2017, which scored a five on the dice in both Dagbladet, Deichmanske Bibliotek and Klassekampen. The album's first single, "Keyholes & Birds", was voted the Norwegian song of the year in 2016 by Bent Inge Hvitstein in Deichmanske Bibliotek. The other single "Motörhead" is radio listed on NRK P13, and was released with a music video, where Atle Antonsen himself grabbed a burger in slow-motion. The band comes as a breath of fresh air with its rickety indie rock / pop / punk with Magnus Vold Jensens vocals in front, lining the humorous lyrics with desperate undertone well, and his energetic and earthy enthusiasm makes The Modern Times one of the most exciting bands in Norway currently.
Facts about Vidar Villa
- 28 years from Lillestrøm
- Founded the sunglass brand VUDD before his career as an artist began in 2016/2017
- Got a record deal as an unknown musician with an indie-label after playing one of his funny songs at a party
- Got his breakthrough in 2017 with 20 million streams in 8 months, with no help from radio stations and media
- Now has 575,000 monthly listeners on Spotify
- Recently rounded 1 million plays on YouTube
- In the fall of 2017 "One Night Stand" was the second most played Norwegian song on the VG-lista and Spotify for 8 weeks
- Has become known as a popular artist with catchy organic music and humorous lyrics
- He is currently touring around the country with his band playing for sold-out venues all over
- His new single will be released in the autumn of 2017 and plans on participating in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest.